Weird things that have happened in FM

• Moderators

Obviously we have played the game for, well, some of us, 20 odd years. I recently read some stuff about players (mostly newgens) getting cancer treatment in the game, getting your son through the youth academy, coming out as gay etcetera. 

I think my weirdest experience was this one, maybe I told it before, can't find it, but I tell again.

In 2018 Holland did not qualify for the World Cup in real life, but in my FM18 game, they actually did qualify. With only few qualification games left, they went to Russia. In my game Van Wolfswinkel (my main striker at the time) had a very good campaign, and was selected. He was pretty much average, compare him to Weghorst or someone similar, maybe even not as good as Weghorst. He started games on the bench obviously a lot, but whenever he came on he most often scored. Holland went all the way in that game and won a World Cup when in real life they did not even qualify. With Wolfswinkel playing way above his average as their main striker since the Quarter Finals.

Anyone else had remarkable things happen which could not possibly happen in real life?

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators
On 28/11/2023 at 19:49, Tempelman said:

Obviously we have played the game for, well, some of us, 20 odd years. I recently read some stuff about players (mostly newgens) getting cancer treatment in the game, getting your son through the youth academy, coming out as gay etcetera. 

I think my weirdest experience was this one, maybe I told it before, can't find it, but I tell again.

In 2018 Holland did not qualify for the World Cup in real life, but in my FM18 game, they actually did qualify. With only few qualification games left, they went to Russia. In my game Van Wolfswinkel (my main striker at the time) had a very good campaign, and was selected. He was pretty much average, compare him to Weghorst or someone similar, maybe even not as good as Weghorst. He started games on the bench obviously a lot, but whenever he came on he most often scored. Holland went all the way in that game and won a World Cup when in real life they did not even qualify. With Wolfswinkel playing way above his average as their main striker since the Quarter Finals.

Anyone else had remarkable things happen which could not possibly happen in real life?

don’t say that (the last sentence) - are you familiar with dado pršo?

read about his early career 😄 - he didn’t win the world cup with croatia, but still has an impressive resumé (granted, he wasn’t an average striker, but a very good one):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dado_Pršo

• Moderators
On 23/12/2023 at 00:53, cameosis said:

don’t say that (the last sentence) - are you familiar with dado pršo?

read about his early career 😄 - he didn’t win the world cup with croatia, but still has an impressive resumé (granted, he wasn’t an average striker, but a very good one):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dado_Pršo

I know Prso from his time at Monaco, when he scored those 4 goals against Deportivo la Coruna. That was legendary

• Like 1

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, Tempelman said:

I know Prso from his time at Monaco, when he scored those 4 goals against Deportivo la Coruna. That was legendary

he could have scored a few more i think, but for some reason the manager decided to substitute him after the fourth goal … 🤡