Snooker World Championship

Tempelman

• Moderators

I love watching snooker on TV. Thanks to my father I've really learned to appreciate this game.

Since Selby has been eliminated early in the tournament, I think Ronnie O'Sullivan is now the favorite to go the entire way.

My favorite of all time however remains Stephen Hendry, who was totally killing it in the 90s... O'Sullivan is considered one of the all time greats (he is) but only fairly recently broke records Hendry had set before. Hendry retired in 2012 because of the yips, but recently started playing professionally again.

I am also fond of the story of Alex Higgins, the people's champion. And BBC aired a great documentary on the sports history named 'Gods of Snooker'…

• Moderators

I love snooker! Ronnie is my favorite player, he's a genius on his best day. Sadly he can be his worse enemy at times.

I can't see anyone bar Ronnie, winning World Championship, as he's currently leading 7-4 against Maguire.

I don't rate Selby or Trump at all, I think they are too boring.

Edited by Johno

• Moderators

Williams, was ridiculously brilliant last night against Trump. Even he fouled himself on the yellow! 😮 I really hope this match goes all the way!

Currently watching Ronnie v Higgins, currently 10-7. I do expect Ronnie to win this match at this point.

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Tempelman said:

Too bad Williams lost, could not watch because of a birthday... 

Was gutted, I think Williams v Ronnie in the final would be more interesting!

Ronnie is currently leading 5-2 on frames.

• Moderators

Oh dear, Ronnie trying to square up to the ref few times 😆 Trump took the final frame in last session, 5-3 to Ronnie still. However, Ronnie stormed off after the frame without shaking ref hand.

• Moderators

Some of his cue control have been superb in this tournament. I am really surprised to see Trump, really struggling tonight session, even he miss a simple red too!

If Ronnie wins this currently frame going to 12-5, I can't see Trump, coming back at all.

Edited by Johno

• 11 months later...