Highest transfer fee ever received

• Administrators

You're timing on this couldn't be better mate as I had FM21 loaded up to check something. I signed Youssoufa Moukoko for €35m from Dortmund for Aston Villa, only to sell him four years later to Real Madrid for €200m.

Screenshot-2022-01-19-at-20-02-18.png

• Like 1

• Moderators
Posted by: @Derek

You're timing on this couldn't be better mate as I had FM21 loaded up to check something. I signed Youssoufa Moukoko for €35m from Dortmund for Aston Villa, only to sell him four years later to Real Madrid for €200m.

Wow. Mine was a tie with Camavinga... Maybe I could have had more for him. They initially bid 109M for him, I felt 180M was too high of a number, but they accepted.

tr.thumb.png.a884b764a555705ee461ecda979738d0.png

Edit: As you can see 2029 was a good financial year for me... ? 

• Like 1

• Administrators
Posted by: @Tempelman

Three players over €100m is insane ?? You definitely had a good relationship with the board after that!

I had the same tactic as you with Moukoko as I just kept rejecting offers and demanding €200m. I had a better option up front so I could afford to let him go if they met it. 

• Moderators
Posted by: @Derek
Posted by: @Tempelman

Three players over €100m is insane ?? You definitely had a good relationship with the board after that!

I had the same tactic as you with Moukoko as I just kept rejecting offers and demanding €200m. I had a better option up front so I could afford to let him go if they met it. 

All of them wanted to move to a "bigger club" (Although I am possibly the biggest club anyway), all were key players, and those clubs were poaching them all the time to join them... Luckily I have some decent replacements.

Big clubs ask the jackpot for all players they have by the way in FM22, I find it hard to find a replacement sometimes, and although I totally over-spent on Timber and Moriba, I actually never pay such a ridiculous sum of money

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

He is the best player in his position, I think... I had too many good midfielders as it was anyway, his transfer probably won't hurt me too much sporting-wise... Time to give others a chance

Edit: JUST maybe Frenkie de Jong, although he is 34, I am considering it... What do you think? I'm only tempted because he is Dutch...

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators
On 1/30/2022 at 3:49 PM, Tempelman said:

Again a new record! Probably my best player though...

husing.thumb.png.5569aa14964f85e83a25ed5c47c9d4f7.png

LOL, guess who is back... Had to break my bank but got him back for 197M, just in time for the transfer embargo pending takeover, and a little over 40M less than I sold him for.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Yes, Man City definitely dominates the list. I expected more money-wise of the likes of PSG and Real Madrid though. Man Utd have also had some expensive transfers, and (for me) unexpectedly got Mbappé on a free transfer early in the game, I expected him to go to either Madrid or City... Utd was a big surprise for me!

City is interested in my right winger who is worth 161M... Maybe I can break the record again 😅

• Like 1