Binge worthy tv

parsdaft1983

• Moderators

There is too much to mention...

Breaking Bad and Black Mirror are my personal favorites, I also like watching the complete Arrowverse...

- Titans

- New Amsterdam

- Chicago Med

- Ozark

- Stay Close

- After Life

- The Blacklist

- Superstore

- Cobra Kai

- Gotham

- Better Call Saul

- Luther

- The Fall

- Bodyguard

- Bron/The Bridge

- Sorjonen

The list goes on... There are so many good shows worth to watch...

I also have Prime Video which has some very nice productions

• Administrators
Posted by: @parsdaft1983

I watched breaking bad a few years ago, I did enjoy that. Stay close is on next as Its my other halfs pal (James Nesbit) thats in it lol

I think he's a great actor. Is it just me or is he mainly a detective in shows? Maybe it's just because I watched Lucky Man recently.

• Moderators
Posted by: @Derek
Posted by: @parsdaft1983

I watched breaking bad a few years ago, I did enjoy that. Stay close is on next as Its my other halfs pal (James Nesbit) thats in it lol

I think he's a great actor. Is it just me or is he mainly a detective in shows? Maybe it's just because I watched Lucky Man recently.

He is also a family man in another show, The Missing... But yeah, mostly typecast I think as a detective

• Moderators

I am now watching Dexter: New Blood. Dexter is one of my favorite series and characters, because he is a serial killer with a code, I like the way the character is portrayed, and I like how you can hear his thoughts.

Call me creepy, but I find serial killers very fascinating

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators

I am now watching a documentary about Jimmy Savile. As a Dutch person, I only heard of this man after he died and all the crap hit the fan. I don't know much about him as a person and who he was etcetera. Obviously there are some UK people here, can someone maybe tell me a little more about him?

• Administrators

I've seen the advertisements for it on Netflix but haven't watched it. He basically had a TV show in the UK for years and years called Jim'll Fix It where kids would ask for certain gifts or to meet their favourite celeb etc and he would make it happen.

Unfortunately it looks like many people knew he was abusing children for decades and did nothing to stop it as he had a lot of power. As far as I know he was never convicted before his death.

Terrible human being.

Anyway, I just binged watched Vikings Valhalla a couple of weeks and looking for my next series.

Any recommendations guys?

• Moderators

The documentary itself isn't really that interesting. When I first read about it, some years ago, it left me thinking, how could he have done this for so long and not get caught? I now realize he had very powerful connections, even royalty figures such as Prince Charles and the lot. Knighted even. Despicable... 

When watching him in the documentary, I find him an utter creep of a human being, although the scenes highlighted in here are obviously selected to show just that.

The people talking in the documentary are all like, 'yeah, he seemed creepy, and seemed like he was hiding something' this and that... Yeah, in hindsight people always say that when someone has committed crimes as severe as these.

Anyway, something to watch... I still need to watch Ozark, Pieces of Her, and some other stuff I can't think of at the moment. What kind of genre are you looking for?

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 1/24/2022 at 10:08 PM, Derek said:

Absolutely love it mate and I can't believe the next season hasn't even started production, if it's even going to happen at all.

Fingers crossed though as it was really getting interesting and such a great cast.

I am actually going to rewatch Mindhunter now. As far as a third season goes, it is most likely not going to happen. The production costs were too high compared to the viewership, and the main actors are not under contract anymore. Though Netflix still has not officially cancelled the show...

There is an upcoming documentary about John Wayne Gacy aka Killer Clown coming online 20th April, which should be interesting...

21 hours ago, Johno said:

I did watch bit of Jimmy Saville documentary, had to turn it off after 20 minutes, Just felt sick to the stomach. Will try and watch some of it.

I get that... I still can't get my head around how he did what he did, for such a long period of time..

• Moderators
On 4/10/2022 at 12:23 PM, Tempelman said:

I am actually going to rewatch Mindhunter now. As far as a third season goes, it is most likely not going to happen. The production costs were too high compared to the viewership, and the main actors are not under contract anymore. Though Netflix still has not officially cancelled the show...

There is an upcoming documentary about John Wayne Gacy aka Killer Clown coming online 20th April, which should be interesting...

I get that... I still can't get my head around how he did what he did, for such a long period of time..

I believe he abused his "power/knighthood" to slip under the radar, especially getting so friendly with Prince Charles and Margaret Thatcher even few people came forward about it while he was alive, but yet the police told the victims not to go ahead with it. Which was frankly embarrassing.

• Moderators

On 4/10/2022 at 12:23 PM, Tempelman said:

I am looking forward to this too!