NEW FM25 LOGO MEGAPACKS COMING EARLY SEPTEMBER - PLEASE READ ×

• Moderators

Yeah, I'm very happy with the squad's performance in the league so far!

Favourites are Toulouse in first, Nîmes in second, and Dijon in third.

As you can see in the squad screen the best player so far is Belgian striker Guillaume, so far the top scorer in the league with 10 goals. The rest of the squad is performing pretty avarage...

Continueing the game tomorrow, if I can!

• Like 1

• Moderators

New update: I am now at the end of December, everything is still going pretty well if I may say so. I have also managed to sign two more players on a free transfer, Billy Arce (23 year old Ecuadorian left winger), got him mostly because of his young age and he can still improve a little, hoping to sell him high later (high as in the standards for this league obviously), and Johann Carrasso, a French goalie, actually, not really happy with this as it later seems I don't really need him, Chevalier is growing rapidly with his attributes... A lot of players are complaining about their playing time and most want to go out on loan, which is logical because I don't really rotate the squad since it is going so well. Besides, no European football obviously often means one match per week, all important players have been match fit with little fatigue, so no reason to rotate. So far the only player that dissappoints me is Yanga-Mbiwa, brought him in as a key player for the defence, but he has yet to live up to these expectations. Unfortunately the bench isn't of high quality.

I'm looking to get rid of some players in the winter transfer window to get some hard needed cash, the club is making monthly losses. Players are getting worth a little more, since we perform well in the league and above expectations. I still have a 800K transfer budget, and the first player I want to try to sign is well known to probably every FM player, Tehobo Mokoena. Always cheap, decent enough for the squad, with potential to grow, and obviously sell with profit. Also, quite a lot of contracts are expiring, I'm going to have to think what players are worthwile to keep. Also going to look around for potential end-of-contract deals myself off course.

League standings

league2.thumb.png.2f271710c0a8302200d51aa1c44f44ba.png

Schedule and results

schedule2.thumb.png.5437a64acca1ef6b67242c9e5f42bac1.png

Still in 4th position, we have had some tough games against Auxerre (first home loss), Ajaccio (blew me away in the first half, changed tactics to more pressing, and playing more agressive in general, turned it around in the second half). Guillaume, our dear Belgian striker, is still top league scorer with 18 goals in 17 matches.

Baptiste Guillaume profile:

guillaume.thumb.png.5085c02c57568e6d4b1d6ad7e3f2c40e.png

Off course we also play in the Coupe de France, with easy wins against FC Essartais (7-0) and Colomiers (3-1). In the ninth round of the cup however, all the Ligue 1 clubs also enter the draw. And off course we drew a Ligue 1 club, Stade de Reims, away. This game was eventually won after penalties and a 1-1 draw, a true thriller of a match, and thus far my greatest victory! We now have a draw against JA Drancy, which seems to be an amateur club. Tenth round was minimum, so we should exceed expectations here as well, with a win against them.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Thanks mate that's a great update and you are flying. Guillaume is having an insane season seems to be miles ahead of the rest of the top goal scorers.

Well done too on the cup run as that was a tricky fixture against Reims. I'd fancy our chances to progress in the next round.

If you have a good second half of the season it will be hard for you to pass this save on. 😂

• Like 1

• Moderators

I am hoping to get some more players in then just Mokoena, and sell the dead wood... The teams in the competition seem to be pretty evenly matched, so far the luck has been on my side... 

Here is hoping to a good transfer window!

I could always go on with the save after I pass it along 😂

• Like 1

• Moderators

Wanted to write an update yesterday, but didn't have the time before bed.

The transfer period has passed and I have been looking for reinforcements the whole transfer period and scouting a lot of potential targets, mostly youngsters under 23, unless I would find a bargain somewhere, but it was not to be. Also, obviously very hard to find players that actually do make the squad stronger... I did sell some deadwood for low fees to free up a little of the wage budget, because there hardly is any budget left, and the financial situation of the club isn't really promising either, now a little over 1M in the red... There are also a few contracts expiring and these are players I don't have any use for.

Transfers in:
Arnaud Lusamba (25 years old, MC), from Amiens - 98K. The only transfer with a transfer fee, this was Amiens star player, and he still has a little room to grow.
Alex Pascanu (23 years old, DC), on loan from Everton. Time was running out for any transfers, so turned my attention to loanees and found this Romanian defender.
Federico Ravaglia (22 years old, GK), future transfer from Frosinone - 0. Cost is zero, he should become first choice when Chevalier heads back to Lille. He's even slightly better than him already and has potential to grow quite a bit.
Michael Folorunsho (23 years old, MC), future transfer from Reggina - 0. Nigerian midfielder with potential

Notable transfers out:
Ugo Bonnet (28 years old, ST). out on loan to Clermont Foot, decent backup but wanted to go on loan.
Ilyes Hamache (18 years old, AMR), 88K (plus future fees) to Troyes. Not much potential, fee was higher than expected.
Floyd Ayité (33 years old, AML), 21K to Samsunspor.  Older player I didn't have much use for, happy he moved on.

Unable to sign Mokoena since his transfer fee skyrocketed up from 300K, to 3M now. I have actually never seen him past the 700K mark value wise... 

First XI (now):

tactical2.thumb.png.2d522d55f11e6cd8c4e391134ac3afc1.png

League standings:

league3.thumb.png.dd3b1db0e330bf0773ae77376ff5ceda.png

Schedule and results:

schedule3.thumb.png.352444744765ea4b384469effc72a041.png

Still doing very well in the league, although those two games that were lost were totally not needed, in both games we were at least equal, still in third place, but it is very close.

In the Coupe we easily won against JA Drancy, then we drew against Ligue 1 club Stade Brest. They were pretty lucky to have won that match, because I felt we were at the very least equal and maybe better. Gutted to be beaten, but moving on, and focusing on hopefully play-offs for promotion. 

Any more statistics or anything? Let me know!

• Like 1

• Administrators

You're doing great mate and good to see you sorted out a replacement for Chevalier when he leaves at the end of the season.

It seems very close at the top of the table all the way down to 7th. Good to see Guillaume is still finding the back of the net too.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Playing a little again, I'm on an impressive streak of games, though the games have been so frustrating! We never seem to really kill a match with more goals than just one, despite the chances created. Headers? Forget it, either straight for the goalkeeper, or just over. Against Caen and especially Dunkerque (Against nine men!), I was either nailbiting or shouting at my computer to please SCORE A @#%# GOAL ALREADY!

Anyway... We also had the youth intake, might be some promising youngsters in there, some seem to have a little potential, but too early to tell.

League standings:

league4.thumb.png.4acb9abd12fc6d3f446e81697530f5a6.png

Schedule and results:

schedule4.thumb.png.83a507ccc1cf068e14e4378a894f6bc5.png

8 games left in hand and somehow, and I mean this, in bloody second place! How? I don't know! Most games were won so narrowly it is frustrating sometimes. We are now favorites against the likes of Auxerre for example. All teams, with maybe the exception of Niort and Grenoble, are going to be difficult matches...

• Like 1

• Moderators

What an entirely frustrating string of games...

League standings:

league5.thumb.png.e7d120de6182b8c08f51fd54a534cb8b.png

Schedule and results:

schedule5.thumb.png.6228c56260cfb868c6eea922aa4aa44d.png

Against Le Havre and Grenoble we totally dominated and lost 5 points because of chances missed. However, against Ajaccio and Paris FC we did not deserve anything... We're hanging in there but it are nervous games, for me (stupid game, hahahaha) and the players. Toulouse won the championship, we're still second, and at least secured the playoffs. Two games left...

Edit: @Derek Until what date do you want me to play before passing it on?

• Like 1

• Moderators
Derek
This post was recognized by Derek!

"FMG Pass The Save Promotion Reward"

Tempelman was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 50 points.

Well, that was my turn...

Final league standings:

league6.thumb.png.2a5634d3be8604de320fba7d31381b90.png

Results:

schedule6.thumb.png.99f4f4bfc6319efc4748dbb1efd8cc69.png

Yes, we have promoted to the Ligue 1 despite not winning for seven games in a row. Auxerre totally blew it in their last 3 or 4 games, as well as the playoffs, they lost against Nimes... Guillaume has become top scorer in the league with 30 goals.

Whoever is after me, good luck in Ligue 1, you are going to need it. 5,5M in the hole at the moment, no money at all (This probably would have happened even without the players I attracted though), 250K transfer budget... This is going to be a bloody tough game keeping them in. 

@Derek Where can I upload it to?

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

That's absolutely brilliant mate well done! It's for sure going to be tough but you've done amazing to get us to Ligue 1! Guillaume had a great season but do you think he will do well in Ligue 1?

I wonder how much you get for TV rights etc in Ligue 1.

I've created a new download section for challenges and for the moment created a Pass The Save section.

https://www.footballmanagergraphics.com/files/category/19-fmg-pass-the-save/

Who's up next guys? First come first served 😀

@parsdaft1983 @Markitos @grosdoorne28

Well done again @Tempelman for a great season 👏

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

I've uploaded it, good luck to the next person... 

@Derek I think most of the squad needs an overhaul, although about the top 10 of the Ligue 1 is around the same level. It's going to be a hell of a ride though!

Money wise I have no idea, I'll look into it

Edit: TV money is 12.55M

• Like 1

• Moderators

At the moment of writing, there is no interest (I am continueing the game a little to see what happens) in any player. The players I would look to personally are a DC, DR/L, AMR or L and maybe a striker. The midfield is pretty much OK (I think) with Amalfatino, Folorunsho (with his 675 p/w salary, very cheap!) and Lusamba. GK position is fine with the new goalie...

I myself have already signed a new winger, he is a player I previously bought sometime, he is on my shortlist in the save.

Edit: Debuchy (19K per week), Guillaume (13K), Amalfatino (10,5K) and Arce (9K) are pushing the wage bill the most, on one hand good players you need, on the other, these are players which should be easily replaceable.. There are equally or maybe better players than these who ask for less salary. It's a bit of a gamble though...

Edit 2: Finances screenshot... 20K over wage budget, no transfer budget. Nobody said it was easy...

finances.thumb.png.3faa10642cfe96a50945e92668223031.png

Squad value and salary:

squadvalue.thumb.png.6f91ddefc558cab1360d12ded5475246.png

Note: Valenzuela is my new signing. Not in the uploaded save

Edit 3: You could (and should) defenitely sell Carrasso, he is a backup now, and with 7,5K wage... Could bring up to 400K when sold

• Like 2

• Moderators

Well, believe me, it is hard, I am actually playing this save to see how I am going to do in Ligue 1.. There simply is no budget for anything. Even getting players on loan is a challenge, since clubs want either full salary paid or additional fees, or both.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1