Vitesse: The Story Continues...

• Moderators
On 23/05/2023 at 10:42, VyKing said:

They won't be.... Vitesse isn't a club on many clubs radar so Endrick is safe ❤️

I am hungry so I will take the bait 😂 two times CL winner and WC winner, not so much under the radar anymore 😆 

Asshole 🥰❤️

• Haha 1

• Moderators

Onto the transfers...

- Million Manhoef left in the winter period for 20,5M (25M potential) to Hertha BSC. He is the last original player to leave, and I have attracted two youth players (Iliyan Hristev from Botev Plovdiv and Antonio Nguvulo from Guarani FC for 5M and 5,25M respectively.

- In the summer Alessandro Voglaccio left to Real San Sebastian for 20M. As replacement Diego Coppola was attracted from Bayern for 60M.
- Dario Essugo was attracted on loan from PSG, as backup for the midfield.
- Another youth player, Sorin Misaila was attracted from FCSB for 4M.

image.thumb.png.d6729302d4a40d0d49cd0ef412eb1867.png

image.thumb.png.8c631fc2c01e3a4e06662cb0eb022562.png

image.thumb.png.0656af831299ed076d3139a1f54a6e63.png

image.thumb.png.05cf49cf8ef56898b2ed81bcdb1be3ab.png

image.thumb.png.d458bf128f6915c43d51792f3a591daa.png

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Moderators

Little update, I am not playing every day, still need to get in the game. But updates will come for sure!

Meanwhile, in real life, Vitesse took over last place of Ajax, and Cocu left the club as manager. The club is still waiting for approval of the KNVB of the takeover, 15 months now.

So, okay, my opinion... Although Vitesse is my club, I genuinely believe they will relegate. Not only that, I think they deserve it. The club has been losing multi-millions over the past 20 years and maybe more. Any other club would have ceased to exist, but here we are, and Vitesse is still here. Though I wonder... For how long......

• Moderators
14 hours ago, Tempelman said:

Little update, I am not playing every day, still need to get in the game. But updates will come for sure!

Meanwhile, in real life, Vitesse took over last place of Ajax, and Cocu left the club as manager. The club is still waiting for approval of the KNVB of the takeover, 15 months now.

So, okay, my opinion... Although Vitesse is my club, I genuinely believe they will relegate. Not only that, I think they deserve it. The club has been losing multi-millions over the past 20 years and maybe more. Any other club would have ceased to exist, but here we are, and Vitesse is still here. Though I wonder... For how long......

What made Cocu leave?

Looking forward to more update, I am also managing FC Utrecht 🙂

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Johno said:

What made Cocu leave?

Looking forward to more update, I am also managing FC Utrecht 🙂

Because we're bottom, and tactically Cocu was just godawful. The players brought in (mostly on loan or on a free) are sub-par quality as well. Matches are just boring to watch, we can't seem to score or create chances for that matter, and the defence is leaky as hell... In a nutshell.

Good luck with Utrecht, they are also struggling in real life, but in FM they have a decent team, I believe! 😃

• Moderators
21 hours ago, Tempelman said:

Because we're bottom, and tactically Cocu was just godawful. The players brought in (mostly on loan or on a free) are sub-par quality as well. Matches are just boring to watch, we can't seem to score or create chances for that matter, and the defence is leaky as hell... In a nutshell.

Good luck with Utrecht, they are also struggling in real life, but in FM they have a decent team, I believe! 😃

Ouch! No surprise there, even did awful at Derby 😄

Thanks, doing well!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

All right, the next update. Last time I ended the season, but did not update this thread yet. I can't even remember correctly how the games went since it has been a while ago, but we did win the Eredivisie again, but were knocked out of the CL against Man City in the QF. We also managed to win the KNVB Beker once more against a tough AZ. Endrick finished the season with 57 league goals, and 78 goals in total.

Schedule and results

image.thumb.png.d532f43f1bfa6a77bba4a30f8fa8441c.png

League table

image.thumb.png.0dc770375a9d8f758d2f13a1882d5978.png

Great season overall, but obviously I became a little bored with it. Also, I can't seem to center my text as before..

Onto the transfers...

Nothing much notable really... Only player I brought in is a Brazilian wonderkid Yan Cavalcanti for 20M, no notable transfers out as well, it has been fairly quiet.

image.thumb.png.d1c80024d22add4c2e26196a2fb6eb68.png

As you can see I'm a little further now, half the season through, but I will update on that one later!

• 6 months later...
  • Moderators

A little update regarding my club...

The planned takeover of American investor Coley Parry and his Common Group has collapsed, the licensing committee, and the KNVB even gave Vitesse a fine for giving misleading information. At that point Vitesse was already (near) bottom Eredivisie, and later received an 18 point deduction, relegating them officially to the First Division. All in all... The club has accumulated a debt of 19M, with a little over 14M is owed to Parry's Common Group. In short, Vitesse is about to lose their professional license due to years and years of mismanagement. All previous directors have now left the club and now others are trying to save the club. Tomorrow we will hear if Vitesse will keep their pro license, it is most likely it will be invoked...

• Moderators
On 20/06/2024 at 17:56, Tempelman said:

A little update regarding my club...

The planned takeover of American investor Coley Parry and his Common Group has collapsed, the licensing committee, and the KNVB even gave Vitesse a fine for giving misleading information. At that point Vitesse was already (near) bottom Eredivisie, and later received an 18 point deduction, relegating them officially to the First Division. All in all... The club has accumulated a debt of 19M, with a little over 14M is owed to Parry's Common Group. In short, Vitesse is about to lose their professional license due to years and years of mismanagement. All previous directors have now left the club and now others are trying to save the club. Tomorrow we will hear if Vitesse will keep their pro license, it is most likely it will be invoked...

Wouldn't dream this on any football fan. I'm sorry to hear it as a fan of someone that had a club in administration on the verge of extinction. I hope someone comes through and pulls Vitesse out of this mess, 1 because the history of the club and the fans deserve a club to support and if they do lose the club I hope there's a phoenix club and 2, because I'll miss giving you crap about them.

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, VyKing said:

Wouldn't dream this on any football fan. I'm sorry to hear it as a fan of someone that had a club in administration on the verge of extinction. I hope someone comes through and pulls Vitesse out of this mess, 1 because the history of the club and the fans deserve a club to support and if they do lose the club I hope there's a phoenix club and 2, because I'll miss giving you crap about them.

This news is just in... There is a Dutch investor willing to solve the debts with Parry and invest millions to save the club.

I am watching this with mixed feelings. As a fan, I don't want this club to just disappear, but... There is so much mismanagement dating back 25 years, why would anyone invest in a club who is, so to say, dead? For me, the current directors still want an investor and invest millions with no profit in return, instead of building up again. Seems to me nothing is learned from the past.

Dont get me wrong, I would rather spend years in the first division, and focus on slowly building the club back up, than this happening all over again in a few years time. In my opinion there is much to gain, the fanbase IS RIGHT THERE, but with all this shady business and mismanagement, I cannot blame fans for staying away. Get back to the basics. Cut in the finances, don't rely on an investor etcetera

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Tempelman said:

This news is just in... There is a Dutch investor willing to solve the debts with Parry and invest millions to save the club.

I am watching this with mixed feelings. As a fan, I don't want this club to just disappear, but... There is so much mismanagement dating back 25 years, why would anyone invest in a club who is, so to say, dead? For me, the current directors still want an investor and invest millions with no profit in return, instead of building up again. Seems to me nothing is learned from the past.

Dont get me wrong, I would rather spend years in the first division, and focus on slowly building the club back up, than this happening all over again in a few years time. In my opinion there is much to gain, the fanbase IS RIGHT THERE, but with all this shady business and mismanagement, I cannot blame fans for staying away. Get back to the basics. Cut in the finances, don't rely on an investor etcetera

See this is similar to so many clubs here in England in what seems like a yearly occurrence. 

Macclesfield where folded, Bury folded, Palace into administration and saved Sheff Wed into administration and saved, Portsmouth nearly being wound up etc etc. It's always due to poor management of the club even now we are in danger of falling down the same trap because of our chairman.

I hope someone comes in and takesover instead of just invests, but aslong as Vitesse lives on you have a club to support and we all know the escape weekly football brings to fans of all back grounds. I also imagine with a passionate set of fans like Vitesse has it'll never just disappear even if they start again from the bottom as a phoenix club. FC Vitesse of Arnhem.

• Moderators

A short update. Yesterday the KNVB decided to revoke the professional license of Vitesse, which means Vitesse cannot play professional football anymore. It did not come as a surprise, the budget Vitesse came up with is 6M too short, no bank account (due to previous Russian influence) and no accountant. Vitesse will appeal this decision, and hopefully in two weeks with the investor they found will reverse the decision.

The investor, a millionaire with a billion dollar company in Switzerland, and from the region, seems to have a deal with Parry to solve the 14M debt the club has with him. He will probably (according to media and sources around the club) get almost all of his money back, and is willing to solve the club's budget for next season.

• Moderators
On 26/06/2024 at 10:53, Johno said:

So heartbreaking to hear this @Tempelman Hopefully Vitesse can win this appeal.

The club has been missmanaged for years so I am not surprised. Vitesse has two weeks to get it all in order. I seriously doubt they will make this new deadline. After all the new owner also has to explain where the money is from. If this is rejected the only way is to take it to court. It is like a big fucking poker play with only one hand

• Sad 1