Vitesse: The Story Continues...

• Moderators
On 23/05/2023 at 10:42, VyKing said:

They won't be.... Vitesse isn't a club on many clubs radar so Endrick is safe ❤️

I am hungry so I will take the bait 😂 two times CL winner and WC winner, not so much under the radar anymore 😆 

Asshole 🥰❤️

• Haha 1

• Moderators

Onto the transfers...

- Million Manhoef left in the winter period for 20,5M (25M potential) to Hertha BSC. He is the last original player to leave, and I have attracted two youth players (Iliyan Hristev from Botev Plovdiv and Antonio Nguvulo from Guarani FC for 5M and 5,25M respectively.

- In the summer Alessandro Voglaccio left to Real San Sebastian for 20M. As replacement Diego Coppola was attracted from Bayern for 60M.
- Dario Essugo was attracted on loan from PSG, as backup for the midfield.
- Another youth player, Sorin Misaila was attracted from FCSB for 4M.

image.thumb.png.d6729302d4a40d0d49cd0ef412eb1867.png

image.thumb.png.8c631fc2c01e3a4e06662cb0eb022562.png

image.thumb.png.0656af831299ed076d3139a1f54a6e63.png

image.thumb.png.05cf49cf8ef56898b2ed81bcdb1be3ab.png

image.thumb.png.d458bf128f6915c43d51792f3a591daa.png

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Moderators

Little update, I am not playing every day, still need to get in the game. But updates will come for sure!

Meanwhile, in real life, Vitesse took over last place of Ajax, and Cocu left the club as manager. The club is still waiting for approval of the KNVB of the takeover, 15 months now.

So, okay, my opinion... Although Vitesse is my club, I genuinely believe they will relegate. Not only that, I think they deserve it. The club has been losing multi-millions over the past 20 years and maybe more. Any other club would have ceased to exist, but here we are, and Vitesse is still here. Though I wonder... For how long......

• Moderators
14 hours ago, Tempelman said:

Little update, I am not playing every day, still need to get in the game. But updates will come for sure!

Meanwhile, in real life, Vitesse took over last place of Ajax, and Cocu left the club as manager. The club is still waiting for approval of the KNVB of the takeover, 15 months now.

So, okay, my opinion... Although Vitesse is my club, I genuinely believe they will relegate. Not only that, I think they deserve it. The club has been losing multi-millions over the past 20 years and maybe more. Any other club would have ceased to exist, but here we are, and Vitesse is still here. Though I wonder... For how long......

What made Cocu leave?

Looking forward to more update, I am also managing FC Utrecht 🙂

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Johno said:

What made Cocu leave?

Looking forward to more update, I am also managing FC Utrecht 🙂

Because we're bottom, and tactically Cocu was just godawful. The players brought in (mostly on loan or on a free) are sub-par quality as well. Matches are just boring to watch, we can't seem to score or create chances for that matter, and the defence is leaky as hell... In a nutshell.

Good luck with Utrecht, they are also struggling in real life, but in FM they have a decent team, I believe! 😃

• Moderators
21 hours ago, Tempelman said:

Because we're bottom, and tactically Cocu was just godawful. The players brought in (mostly on loan or on a free) are sub-par quality as well. Matches are just boring to watch, we can't seem to score or create chances for that matter, and the defence is leaky as hell... In a nutshell.

Good luck with Utrecht, they are also struggling in real life, but in FM they have a decent team, I believe! 😃

Ouch! No surprise there, even did awful at Derby 😄

Thanks, doing well!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

All right, the next update. Last time I ended the season, but did not update this thread yet. I can't even remember correctly how the games went since it has been a while ago, but we did win the Eredivisie again, but were knocked out of the CL against Man City in the QF. We also managed to win the KNVB Beker once more against a tough AZ. Endrick finished the season with 57 league goals, and 78 goals in total.

Schedule and results

image.thumb.png.d532f43f1bfa6a77bba4a30f8fa8441c.png

League table

image.thumb.png.0dc770375a9d8f758d2f13a1882d5978.png

Great season overall, but obviously I became a little bored with it. Also, I can't seem to center my text as before..

Onto the transfers...

Nothing much notable really... Only player I brought in is a Brazilian wonderkid Yan Cavalcanti for 20M, no notable transfers out as well, it has been fairly quiet.

image.thumb.png.d1c80024d22add4c2e26196a2fb6eb68.png

As you can see I'm a little further now, half the season through, but I will update on that one later!