Forza Napoli sempre! - Moving from France to Italy!

• Moderators

Our home leg semi final against Roma in the Europa League was next. We dominated this game but unfortunately we drew 1-1. Since we have a decent record against them I hope we can still win this away...

We meet Milan again, for the third time in a short period, at home. After a dreadful first half, and scolding the team, we turned the game in our favour, totally dominating the second half and eventually winning 2-1. Closing in on Inter's second place with 1 point behind them, and Juventus obviously still in 1st, with 3 points behind. 3 matches to go...

Roma is up next, in our second leg of the semi final of the EL. Osimhen is back on the left, returning to the side from injury. Scamacca opened the score and we went 1-0 ahead at half-time. We managed to defend this lead to the end, WE ARE THROUGH TO THE FINAL OF THE EUROPA LEAGUE!! We will meet Hertha BSC in the final!

Against Torino we played a good game, but unfortunately Torino managed to clinch to a draw. Despite the result, we are still in the title challenge with two games to go. Inter took over 1st place from Juventus, 3 and 2 points behind respectively.

The final against Inter is up! The first half was how the game started, it was a little boring... The second half didn't have much to offer either as we go into extra time. Off all people Lozano almost opened the score in the 103th minute, but unfortunately hit the bar! We go into penalties! All penalties were neatly taken with no troubles, unfortunately Oscar missed the target and hit the post. We lost the final 😭 But what an amazing run it was!!

On the bright side: We got a 40M budget for next year...

Schedule and results:

image.thumb.png.2dcca3ef55567f3cc8198e65e899e321.png

Competition overview:

image.thumb.png.edccd665469476af129bf74d8a6b1d3d.png

To be continued later today...

• Like 1

• Administrators

Although you were unlucky against Inter mate your team have been great. Reaching the Europa League final is incredible considering how things were when you took over.

Can't wait to see how you get on mate.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Report of the final matches...

First: Benevento at home, no troubles at all but surprised how many times we struck the woodwork: 3-0. After this match we will not be able to get the title anymore, since Inter has a better goal difference than we have. Too bad, but could be expected. We're sitting neatly in third place, and secured CL group stage. Maybe we can still become second. The last game of the league is against Bologna away from home. It was a draw and we were visibly struggling. Juventus grabbed the title on the last day as Inter lost their last match.

The match of my career is starting now, the EL final against Hertha BSC! Both teams had chances in the first half with Hertha being slightly better, but still 0-0. We're going into extra time with Hertha still being the better team. SCAMACCA!!!!! Goal disallowed. The game will again go to penalties... Scamacca misses the second penalty. Hertha scored all of their penalties and are deserved winners. I just could not get my team going, maybe I was a little harsh regarding team talks. 

Two finals, two losses. I'm gutted. But at the same time proud. We exceeded expectations, considering where we came from it has been an amazing season all the same. But still, two finals, two losses. 😭 Mixed feelings...

Schedule and results:

image.thumb.png.2d09aac5ffc57061f461e74ceb282486.png

Final standings:

image.thumb.png.3b3782a3144c56ae6943895640cb6e10.png

Let's see what next season brings! We have a decent budget and there is some interest in a lot of players. Work to do I guess!

Edit: Laurentiis has stepped down from his chairman position and a tycoon is in talks of taking over the club... He will invest more money into the club, which hopefully I will be able to spend, since I don't know if I should be worried about my position now. Transfer embargo in effect.

One day later: takeover complete. There will be investments in the youth facilities and a further 63M has been pumped into the club. Club vision has changed slightly, expectations remain the same. Waiting on a new and potentially much higher transfer budget...

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

Unlucky in the second final mate but you've really turned things around for Napoli this season.

Great to get CL football again which was important and I'm sure the new investment will help you push for the title next year.

• Moderators

I did not get more transfer budget, although it was promised to me... So it remains at around 40M.

- Kalidou Koulibaly has been sold to Shakhtar for a fee of 4M, as a replacement I've signed 22yo Kaiky from Tottenham for a combined fee of 44M. Should be a very good replacement.
- Andrea Belotti has been sold for 7M to Lazio, as a replacement I have signed 21yo Rodrigo Ribeiro, a talented young Portuguese striker from Sporting CP for 18,5M.
- Xavi Simons has been sold for 2M to Salernitana, he was surplus to requirements.
- 17yo Stefano Ollanu has joined the club from Benevento for 5M.
- I was after a 18yo German wonderkid for 9M, but he chose to join Freiburg despite having offered him double the salary. He opted to stay in his home country. Unfortunate, he was very good!
- Oscar was twice under transfer bid from Leeds (20M first, me being greedy: 🤑 26M second). Was looking to sell since he is a backup, though important, but it were two good bids. He refused.
- Hirving Lozano moved to Porto, for a low fee of 11,5M. The search for a replacement is ongoing.

That's it for now! No huge transfers out although I expected some, considering the interest...

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

Short update this time...

Starting the season against Lazio away, we totally dominated this game and won 2-0. 

In the group stage of the Champions League we are pitted against Bayern München, Benfica and.................................. Bordeaux. 🧐🤣 Anyway, quite a difficult group...

Up next is Juventus at home, we played a decent match, it was quite even, but we edged it: 1-0. Great result! Next up is a difficult away match against Inter (Very difficult start of the season). We edged this game but 'The New Signing' missed two good chances to score. The match ended 0-0.

Former club Bordeaux is up next, at home, in our first game in the Champions League. I'm very excited actually to play against them this time! The squad has not changed much, Patrick Vieira is now their manager and he seems to be doing well. 'The New Signing' opened the score for us. We dominated the entire match, but only won 1-0.

Schedule and results:

image.thumb.png.5cf077644b8b54585f021e5ab01687da.png

Competition overview:

image.thumb.png.e6a3f1718089cb5c1cdf73002d7d55f9.png

I was promised a higher transfer budget of 78M, but as said before, I did not get it... I have been looking for a replacement for Lozano, I wanted to sign Isak Bergmann Johanneson, but he demanded way too much for my liking. I've known him from my Vitesse game and I know he is a great player, and he can play in a lot of positions. Turning my attention to a former Lazio player, 21yo Luka Romero, and decided to sign him for 36,5M from RB Leipzig. Dubbed 'The New Signing' 😉 Also been looking for a decent backup for the rightback position, ended up loaning a 19yo newgen named Admilson Cabral from Benfica. I have some other players shortlisted, among them are Hamed Traore (Sassuolo, AMC/L) and Luka Susic (AMC, as possible replacement for 32yo Piotr Zielinski).

Financially we're doing great, since we have a South Korean tycoon supporting us, hoping he will up the transfer budget when the winter transfer period arrives. Next year the budget will be a guaranteed 72M.

Transfer overview:

image.thumb.png.eb0fc9ee2fc2422811e6b74cf2cc1f8b.png

Finances:

image.thumb.png.6f5989977bcabb8cca5b25850dfde844.png

First XI:

image.thumb.png.c553da36c0d038757d569640de2c5b2f.png

Decent start of the new season, we're playing good matches!

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

A good start to the season mate considering the teams you’ve had early on. Apart from Juve you seem to have all the big teams away first which could be good for you if you get through it ok.

• Moderators

Starting the game again against Sampdoria, we played a decent game and narrowly won 1-0, we deserved more though. Next was Udinese and it was a tough match, we edged it though and won again with a one goal difference. Away to Spezia we deserved more as we were totally in control of the match but again won 1-0. A win is a win, in my book!

Second match in the CL, away to Munich. Bayern dominated us, but it was Scamacca who opened the score with a brilliant counter from us. In the closing stages of the game Bayern equalised deservedly and we won a point.

Home to Sassuolo and again we had a pretty difficult match, but edged it again and took 3 points: 1-0. International duty break, and we started fresh for a match against Verona, an easy 3-0 win.

I extended my contract to 2029, with a 80k p/w wage. It previously was 2027 on a 50k p/w wage, so quite an increase!

Third match in the CL vs Benfica away, we played a decent match and scored, but it was offside. The match ended 0-0.

We're sitting quite comfortable in 1st place in Serie A at the moment! Before you wonder where the hell Juventus is, they're 14th 🤯

Schedule and results:

image.thumb.png.d76395b5fadcfa8d1bca2268ce585310.png

Competition overview:

image.thumb.png.8d0dc87e813feae0d63a3b6f5e086537.png

I have also signed a new player, a Brazilian newgen wonderkid Gustavo Lucas. He has been on my radar for quite some time and decided to activate his release clause of 15,75M to sign him. He will join us from Corinthians. Excited, because he seems like a gem!

Gustavo Lucas profile:

image.thumb.png.329453a22a8140c5190c1be42e5237ad.png

Going to watch the EL final now!

Edit: I have been researching the former players of Napoli, the ones who were sold or anything. Found nothing really weird but just one transfer: Alex Meret was sold for a mere 1,6M early in the game to Shakhtar. Why, such a low fee? I don't believe Ospina was that much better... Hell, I think Meret is better than Livakovic at the moment. Meret's average has been around 7,5 through 6 seasons. And yes, this league is not active, but that average is insanely high for a goalkeeper...

I also was unaware that Scamacca was at PSV Eindhoven at an early point in his career, he was part of the youth setup in 2014/15, coming from Roma. It appears he didn't make an impact at all, and was sold to Sassuolo later. He was also sent on loan to PEC Zwolle in my country, where he played 8 games without scoring, not making much of an impact either.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

Vieira will probably move to the middle, or maybe I will loan Lucas out at first. Zielinski is aging too, so might rotate him and Vieira. Also have Romero too... Going to be hard to keep all of them happy, and Zielinski is team leader so definitely want to keep him happy, but I'll find a way! 

Come winter time I will hopefully get more money to spend, at least, I expect more money! I have never been in charge of a club with a sugar daddy on the foreground, I think I was lucky with that one.

Surprising how quick that went btw, 1 day, deal complete lol. Never seen a takeover conclude THAT fast!

• Moderators

I have seen takeovers at other clubs, not mine. This is only the second I think. I actually feared for my job since it was a sugar daddy taking over, they most of the time want a high reputation manager or a so called friend, or so I read in FM articles. 

It is a win for me, though I hope I won't be bored with this game now... 

• Moderators

First match to be played today is Atalanta away, the match was and started even, but we were 3-1 behind after the first half. In the second half we managed to level te score, and even had two chances to finish off the game. 3-3 is a fair outcome though. Away to Roma which is always a difficult match, but they were surprisingly lacklustre the entire game and we finished the game in the first half: 2-0. Not soon after their manager was fired.

Next up is the home match vs Benfica in the Champions League. We totally dominated and smashed them 5-1. 

Back to the league where we face Torino. Although the score was 3-2, we actually dominated the game and conceded two stupid goals.. After the international roundup it is time for Milan away. Let's face it, Milan was the better team here, we lost 3-1. Just our first loss in the league... We're still in 1st place with one point ahead.

Bayern at home is next, it was a difficult match, we finally op ened the score in the 84th minute and I was already celebrating a very important win, but Bayern managed to equalise in the 96th minute... Disappointing... But we did qualify for the first knockout round!

Empoli at home was next. I'll admit we had a tough time in the first half, but run them over in the second half, winning 4-1. Salernitana away is next. Dominating this game and winning 3-0. Crotone was our next victim, as we totally trashed them with a 8-0 win. Biggest win in my career so far! 

Last group match against Bordeaux away (Still funny to play against my former club!). Rodrigo Ribeiro scored his first goal and won the game for us: 1-0.

Away to Cagliari was next, and we just could not get into the match this time around. A bitter pill to swallow as we lost 2-1. 

In the first knockout round of the CL we are pitted against Chelsea. Damn. Was hoping for a little easier opponent...

Our last match of 2026 is against Fiorentina. We totally dominated and it was an easy 3-1 win here. First game was against Verona away, who were dead last. Romero scored a hattrick and we won 5-0, as well as a certain 'new signing' scored on his debut. Up next is Bologna who we also dominated and won 3-0. First match in the Coppa was next, to Avellino, an easy 3-0 win. Lazio home up next, we narrowly won despite dominating: 1-0. Inter at home next, we were actually better but drew the game. Juventus is up next and this is one of the weirdest matches I have ever seen on FM. It seemed like an amateur match for God's sake. The game went back and forth with a lot of goals: 5-5. WTF?

Schedule and results:

image.thumb.png.9132623485d0c931c18f851f417ed0e1.png

Competition overview:

image.thumb.png.6571d8b3199945d79e13c927cf245987.png

My transfer budget was eventually upped to 33,5M before the winter transfer period, and I spend it all before it even started.

- Berat Ozdemir was sold to Shahktar for 16,75M. Although a decent player, decided to cash on him. As a replacement I bought shortlisted player 24yo Luka Susic (dubbed 'new signing') from Leipzig for 28M, with installments obviously.
- As backup for left and/or rightbacks I have signed Portuguese/Brazilian 20yo newgen Klinsmann Dahlen for 42M from Porto (Which sounds like a nazi name, but sure, who gives a shit right?). He can play on both positions in the back, right and left, plus he is a wonderkid.
- Piotr Zielinski left (rather unfortunately) to PSG. I rejected some bids, which were in the 2M range, and although I have enough midfielders, for me he still was an important player. I did not want to sell him. But he complained. Sold him for 3,7M but thought it was too low for his ability. As a future replacement, I signed a newgen who I also scouted (I always have certain lists and keep scouting the globe). Spanish 16yo AMC newgen Jose Alberto Cabellero will join the club from Vallecano for 7M, which is I think (or hope) a bargain.

- Again there was a lot of interest in players, I was hoping to sell Scamacca (for example), because he is really high valued and I also think he could definitely be replaced by a better player. There was also a bid on Eljif Elmas from Liverpool, but was not looking to sell him, as he is a pretty allround player, plus the bid was kinda on the low side (26,M).

Klinsmann Dahlen (nickname: The Nazi) profile:

image.thumb.png.4f7c20f28c8cc63d0a43e35693bbac40.png

Jose Alberto Cabellero profile:

image.thumb.png.0fdd71e1dc9a7958e79720168de23d62.png

I have also (continually) asked to increase the transfer budget for next season (accepted), the transfer budget for this season (rejected) and the wage budget (accepted). The budget for next season is now 88M, and the wage budget is now at 3,3M (currently spending 3M). The owner keeps investing so I keep asking. Because I'm fucking greedy. 🤑

• Moderators

First match after the winter transfer period is against Torino away. We weren't really playing well, but despite that won the match 1-0. Next is Sampdoria away and just as last season, they ended the match with 10 men, but before that happened we were already 2-0 ahead. Gustavo Lucas scored his first goal and the match was eventually won 4-0. Coppa time again, the quarter final against Atalanta is up. We won the match 1-0, on to the semi finals! Next up is Spezia at home, we dominated the match and won 2-0.

First leg at home in the Champions League against Chelsea is up next! Chelsea quickly got red carded, and before half time Scamacca opened the score. Osimhen made it 2-0 very quick after the first one. The score remained this way despite creating various chances. Still, a good win!

Next is Sassuolo away, we had the better of the match but it ended in a draw. Against Udinese it was the same story: 0-0. First leg of the Coppa vs Torino is next. We are with one leg in the final, won 3-0 at home. Home to Atalanta we finished it in the first half, winning 2-0. Milan played at home (or away, same stadium) to Inter, and drew, extending our lead to 5 points in the Serie A.

Second leg away in the Champions League against Chelsea! The first half was pretty much ours actually, although we were behind in the 2nd minute already. We scored 1-1 in the 20th minute and in the beginning of the second half we even took the lead: 2-1. Then Chelsea woke up and started attacking. We stood our ground, though had to swallow two goals. On to the quarter finals, which I honestly did not expect!

On to Roma! Another difficult match... Despite having the better of the game (again), we drew the match 1-1. 

The draw for the quarter final of the Champions League has also been made. It is the team I fear the most: Man City. Any other team, but them for God's sake... 😠 But, I also have a big announcement to make later in this post.

Next is Verona away in the league where Scamacca opened the score quickly. Things went bad when Kaiky received a red card for a horrendous, dumb tackle in the midfield, and thanks to this dude we lost the game 2-1. I was pretty furious.

Schedule and results:

image.thumb.png.3630228aa61df6949333d1e8e296a113.png

Competition overview:

image.thumb.png.94629bc397ac444ebb6a6e5b18147b3a.png

Transfer wise I've kept myself a little quiet, I had little to spend anyway, 700K left. But at every opportunity kept begging the board for more money. I did make Ryan Gravenberch my top target for the midfield, but did not expect him he would want to join Napoli. He is at Liverpool at the moment. If anything I would probably make a move in the next transfer period, but here is what happened next... 

Bugging the board to increase next season's transfer budget, which was again upped to 96M, but also begging them to up this season's transfer budget. Initially they refused, but in the end they gave in and upped the transfer budget to 70M (!). Okay, nice. On to Gravenberch! 123M bid, I don't care, my funds are unlimited at the moment. 🤑 He accepted our extremely generous contract, and thus will join in the summer for a record high fee! Yes, obviously this is an extremely high transfer fee, but, Gravenberch is such a huge player at the moment! I came, I saw, and went for it 😁

Plus, we are ahead of a another huge transfer, as I'm looking to none other then David Rojas Cifuentes (Bordeaux) to the club. He is my top target for the upcoming season.

Ryan Gravenberch profile:

image.thumb.png.c9ba547d022d4136924d09820b6daba1.png

David Rojas Cifuentes profile:

image.thumb.png.52825c96009e08bdfb837673a9889391.png

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

A huge fee but a great signing mate and still only 24 years old in your game. He will be a rock of your team going forward.

You're doing well in all comps I can see. Not sure how good City are in your game but I'm sure their not too bad 🤣

• Moderators

Home to Milan is next, at half time we had a comfortable 2-0 lead, Milan simply did not have a chance. Only to give the lead away in the second half, but ultimately Ribeiro scored the winning goal in the 85th minute. Totally deserved victory!

First leg away to Man City in the Champions League. We started really well and quickly scored the opening goal, but it was disallowed unfortunately. Though we did match Man City, who didn't really play well. We were pretty equal throughout the match and it ended the way it started, a great result!

Empoli away then, where Fabio Vieira scored a wonderful free kick from 35 yards, for me the goal of the season! Eventually won 3-0.

Man City at home is next. We played such a great first half! Osimhen opened the score with a scorcher from distance, and Fabian scored with a shot from the edge of the area, 2-0 half time! Continued to play well and defend the lead in the second half, we are through to the semi finals of the Champions League! What a magnificent performance from the lads! Paris SG is next!

Still buzzing from the last match... Crotone away is up next and we won comfortably: 3-0. Five matches to go and we are in 1st place with 76 points, Roma is second with 72, and Inter is third with 71. Wondering where Juventus is? They're 8th.... Coppa time! Torino away is next, we won 3-0 at home in the first leg. And we are through to the final with a 1-0 win, playing against Juventus in the final! So far we have exceeded ALL expectations of the board (Serie A: was Europa League qualification = challenging title, CL: first knockout round = semi finals, Coppa: semi finals = finals). Salernitana at home is next on the list, an easy 2-0 win! Still 4 points ahead of Roma in second place.

First leg of the semi finals in the Champions League vs PSG at home... This was quite a nervy game... We were nowhere in the first half, but in the second half managed to save a draw: 1-1... A very difficult away match is going to be next...

Cagliari in the Serie A is next: a disappointing 2-2 draw. 

PSG away in the CL is next... A good first half where we missed two chances to open the game up. Lorenzo Lucca of PSG opened the score in the second half, and we just could not make a fist and push on. 1-0 loss. But, extremely proud of the performances!!!!

Fiorentina away in the Serie A is up next and we narrowly won 1-0. Two matches to go, two points ahead. Final time again, the Coppa final against Juventus. We hada difficult game against them and ultimately lost 1-0... Next is Venezia at home, we dominated and won 6-0, but the title has not been secured just yet, still 2 points ahead and one match to go against Bologna away. We won 2-1, AND WON THE SERIE A TITLE! A great ending of the season!

Schedule and results:

image.thumb.png.daaaf7df128c240383b651635e3acb11.png

Competition overview:

image.thumb.png.8ff1613b5ea0dda43b355a3a459ab523.png

Before the next season started both our budgets have been upped significantly. A 147M transfer budget, and a 3,8M wage budget. I was also asked to spend the entire transfer budget... Well, you don't have to ask me twice!

- Ryan Gravenberch was already set to sign, as mentioned before.
- David Rojas Cifuentes of Bordeaux was my main target next, and signed him for 122M with installments, he will probably play on the left, Gustavo Lucas on the right, and Osimhen will move to the striker position, ahead of Scamacca.
- Dorgeles Nene of Bordeaux again was signed next, he will cost us 95M in total with installments, and will take over the AMC position as a shadow striker.
- Jurrien Timber, who is surprisingly STILL at Ajax, will also join the club for 100M, again with installments.
- Kaiky is sold to Hertha Berlin for 70M, as a replacement I once again turned to a Bordeaux player, and signed Mattia Viti, and signed him for a total fee of 83M.

- Made a move for Matthijs de Ligt, but he was eventually uninterested. 
- Bid of 60M was made on Renan from Dortmund, but not interested in selling.

In other news (And I still believe this is a great feature of this game), Gustavo Lucas has come out as gay!

That is it for now...