VYK410

VyKing

• Moderators

Love letter to the @Tempelman

Vitesse zuigt, Ajax regel.

Now that is out of the way, welcome to my journey with Ajax. Did you know the name Ajax was derived after a figure in Greek Mythology? No? Me neither but here we are.

Ajax Amsterdam.svg

Amsterdamsche Football Club Ajax (Dutch pronunciation: [ˈaːjɑks]), also known as AFC Ajax, Ajax Amsterdam, or simply Ajax, is a Dutch professional football club based in Amsterdam, that plays in the Eredivisie, the top tier in Dutch football. Historically, Ajax (named after the legendary Greek hero) is the most successful club in the Netherlands, with 36 Eredivisie titles and 20 KNVB Cups. It has continuously played in the Eredivisie, since the league's inception in 1956 and, along with Feyenoord and PSV Eindhoven, it is one of the country's "big three" clubs that have dominated that competition.

Ajax was one of the most successful clubs in the world in the 20th century. According to the International Federation of Football History & Statistics, Ajax were the seventh-most successful European club of the 20th century and The World's Club Team of the Year in 1992.[5] According to German magazine Kicker, Ajax were the second-most successful European club of the 20th century. The club is one of five teams that have earned the right to keep the European Cup and to wear a multiple-winner badge. In 1972, they completed the continental treble by winning the Eredivisie, KNVB Cup, and the European Cup. They also won the first (albeit unofficial) European Super Cup against Rangers in January 1973. Ajax's most recent international trophies are the 1995 Intercontinental Cup, 1995 UEFA Super Cup and the 1995 Champions League, where they defeated Milan in the final; they lost the 1996 Champions League final on penalties to Juventus. In 1995, Ajax was crowned as World Team of the Year by World Soccer magazine.

Ajax is also one of four teams to win the continental treble and the Intercontinental Cup or Club World Cup in the same season/calendar year;[6] this was achieved in the 1971–72 season.[7] Ajax are one of five clubs to have won all three major UEFA club competitions.[8] They have also won the Intercontinental Cup twice, the 1991–92 UEFA Cup, as well as the Karl Rappan Cup, a predecessor of the UEFA Intertoto Cup in 1962.[9] Ajax plays at the Johan Cruyff Arena, which opened as the Amsterdam ArenA in 1996 and was renamed in 2018. They previously played at De Meer Stadion and the Amsterdam Olympic Stadium (for international matches). Throughout their history, Ajax have cultivated a reputation for scouting, spotting and developing young talent, and have remained focused on developing a youth system.

• Haha 2

• Moderators

image.thumb.png.afca15183a42d5891ada51d772a3296a.png

Inexperienced and a low reputation is the sticking point for the media. Can this lad from Sheffield with no previous experience carry on where Ten Haag left off? Or will we playing catchup with the likes of Feyenoord, PSV and dare I say it Vitesse... 

image.thumb.png.439928b174f822f4c7a381c23f5dc43f.png

My first point of action will be bringing in a suitable assistant manager and a director of football with a reputation worthy of Ajax.

image.thumb.png.09eabf4965a582cf0d46179de38e70f1.png

Bringing youth through will be the way forward and the main point for recruitment going through this save. I want to help Netherlands bring back a world cup with players from the academy. Even if the players are plying their trade else where. May bring Depay in as a short term replacement for Anthony.

image.thumb.png.f7377083643dc7378e6a73f7fe6c83a5.png

image.thumb.png.26a96baeb119552df50f6c9442d16cc9.png

Pretty straight forward club 5 year plan win the league develop youngsters.

• Like 1

• Moderators

So either Ajax did a complete wipe of the backroom staff or I accidently clicked the button to start the game with no backroom staff

image.thumb.png.f3985cb3d5076123e9aa87298d37f44f.png

I'm going with the first idea that Ajax completely wiped the backroom staff for a fresh start.

Which would make this rebuild of Ajax a complete rebuild

• Like 1

• Moderators

New Assistant Manager inbound.

image.thumb.png.8150ae7442edfd1645ae8728e7bb0d22.png

Felt like with the squad the staff being young can grow with the club and he fits the criteria.

Head of Youth Development

image.thumb.png.d8dc92c9d47322974a893af4cbeeef3d.png

None other than Nicky Butt. Sitting comfortably working with Edwin looking after the youngsters

• Like 1

• Administrators

Yeah the Ajax staff is indeed a licensing issue. It's too late now but you can download a fix I believe on some of the sites.

I loved managing Ajax previously and just churned out wonderkids!

It's actually crazy in previous versions how much I could get for average young players. 

Nicky Butt getting the band back together with Edwin 😀

Good luck with this mate.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I just don't like their supporters, always bloody arrogant as hell. Besides NEC it is the club I dislike most of all. 'We are Ajax, we are the best'. Fuck you. And when I as a Vitesse fan am critical I always get a comparison with my club's performances which is just plain stupid. Ajax is, or should be, a top flight club, there is no comparison with Vitesse, who are mediocre at best. It is like comparing women's and men's football, you cannot compare that either.

• Haha 1

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Tempelman said:

I just don't like their supporters, always bloody arrogant as hell. Besides NEC it is the club I dislike most of all. 'We are Ajax, we are the best'. Fuck you. And when I as a Vitesse fan am critical I always get a comparison with my club's performances which is just plain stupid. Ajax is, or should be, a top flight club, there is no comparison with Vitesse, who are mediocre at best. It is like comparing women's and men's football, you cannot compare that either.

Is the Russian money still flowing at Vitesse or has that guy moved on now?

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Derek said:

Is the Russian money still flowing at Vitesse or has that guy moved on now?

He is gone, now Americans have taken over. But we cannot spend money on players, knvb has not approved takeover yet. Though, we are clear of any debts, the Russian dude cleared it before he left. 140M I think it was..

• Like 2

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Tempelman said:

He is gone, now Americans have taken over. But we cannot spend money on players, knvb has not approved takeover yet. Though, we are clear of any debts, the Russian dude cleared it before he left. 140M I think it was..

WOW €140m is mental for a club like Vitesse but at least he cleared it.

I was wondering why the Chelsea loans stopped but makes sense now.

• Like 1

• Moderators
12 hours ago, Tempelman said:

We are getting offtopic with @VyKing's shitty Ajax game though. Still love you though, despite this obvious insult. I forgive you 😘

Love you buddy! I know deep down you'll support my Ajax project because you're a gorgeous gorgeous man

• Haha 1

• Moderators
16 hours ago, Tempelman said:

Wow really? Heard he was best friend with Roman? No surprise Chelsea was sending their young players to Vitesse 😉 

• Like 1

• Moderators

Transfer Update

image.thumb.png.00873582ff83bcb0983db708f514eceb.png

So far the I have managed to bring in Etienne Green and Lino as the future of my GK core and Ronnie Edwards as a future CB.

image.thumb.png.74184f1b5dbc086bf4c8619ece514232.png

at 22 Etienne has alot of growth still to do but I feel the Eredivise is the league to do this in.

Lino

image.thumb.png.73f068e4ce18cdbd4e151313ce6ebacc.png

Like Etienne at 21 plenty of growth potential. and a solid young back up who can only grow.

Ronnie Edwards

image.thumb.png.95717e126c023536d289a21cd1b8d41b.png

My project CB. This guy can become a solid CB with the right development. 

• Moderators

Johan Cruijff Schaal

First chance of silverware under my management comes in the form of the Johan Cruijff Schaal.

image.thumb.png.d7b69d1c137764092ed3e3dd030553f6.png

Taking the win with 10 men, Etienne Green being the hero between the sticks. Great debut against a strong PSV

The Teams

Ajax

image.thumb.png.baad56915ad16d7de1d9fbaeb5ba1307.png

PSV

image.thumb.png.fd275c7664b8719e045577767c52c5bc.png

Match Stats

image.thumb.png.c0197d5833ef404ce92546c38a549a7a.png

• Moderators

Staff Update

image.thumb.png.2becb836ce9001000716e1e1f1fc3f0c.png

We are finally fully kitted out in the coaching aspect, bringing in Ajax and Arsenal legend Dennis Bergkamp which will appease the fans.

The club is starting to feel healthier now knowing I have coaches. Next goal is to sort out the scouting team before the next transfer window and beyond.

The season starts soon so lets get this show on the road

• Like 1

• Moderators

Transfer News

Breaking news, Ajax have signed 18 year old Norwegian wonder kid, Andreas Schjeldrup for 7.5million GBP

image.thumb.png.c3c9a979866a6b9419f54cd2529c0e2f.png

Sticking with the club vision of signing players to develop I think this is a big coup in order to see the vision of the board and still be competitive in Holland.

• Like 1