Transfer Thread

Derek

• Administrators

I'll start this one off with Mbappe!

I think this is a done deal for Real but lots of reports today about Liverpool which I would absolutely love but do not believe for a second.

Where do you guys see him ending up?

Also some big free agents available in the summer Pogba, Rudiger, Kessie, Dembele and potentially even the best 36 year old player out there James Milner. ? 

• Moderators

We don't have any loanees at this point from Chelsea actually! Which is surprising. Having said that, one of our best players (Bazoer) is leaving on a free, Doekhi (decent defender), too, Openda (talented striker loanee) will not come back.

Almost the entire team needs to be built back up next year

• 3 months later...
  • Administrators

Not a transfer I know but this new Mbappe deal looks insane if it's true.

€300m signing on fee

€100m a year after tax

He will have a say in appointing the coach, sporting director and player transfers.

• Moderators

Crazy actually. Players get more and more control, which (in my opinion) is not a good development. The coach/manager should be given the highest priority, whether your name is Messi, Ronaldo, or (with respect) youngster Mbappe..

• Like 1

• Administrators

There was a mention of Mbappe keeping his image rights too which sweetens the deal even more for him.

I remember reading about Basketball player salaries growing up thinking they were insane compared to football but without googling I'd imagine it's safe to say it's the other way now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

It makes you wonder how PSG get past FFP and teams like PSG. 

You see these clubs with unlimited money and resources but clubs like Bury, Macclesfield etc get no help to survive and are forced to fold. 

Which brings me onto the time Derby are being allowed to sort their finances out over teams like the above who didn't get nearly enough time.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Look at Barca apparently needing €500m to stay afloat. They would close down and reopen in the morning.

Sad to see some traditionally smaller clubs going bust. The Derby situation looks bad.

• Moderators

the problem is the system and that includes the vast majority of fans who support it as long as their own club benefits.

once corporate heads and shady businessmen from north america, europe and asia realized how profitable football is, it was basically the beginning of the end.

everyone was screaming about qatar buying the world cup, but these same people stayed silent when it was the case with germany for 2006, england for 1996, usa 1994 and so forth. the former just learned from the latter and applied the same techniques. then you have this prostitute infantino trying to install a world cup every two years and someone like wenger is at the helm of advocating it … and he was a club manager, so familiar with the strain and exhaustion it puts on players to cover all competitions in a season. anyway, could go on forever.

selectively deploring the outfall of that survival of the fittest mode won’t change anything. i’m positive that the bubble will burst eventually, even current and former professional players are losing interest in the game (most recent example is neven subotić, he gave a great interview some time ago, where he says this whole construct is making him sick and he doesn’t watch football much anymore, instead choosing to focus on his foundation for clean water in africa, which is what really counts to him).

just one more thing: football for SPECTATORS is entertainment -- so something you do in your free time, to either relax or distract yourself for a bit. but ENTERTAINMENT industries (film, music, games) have become dominant in our everyday lives to the point where everything else is mostly neglected … pretty insane.

Edited by cameosis
  • Like 2

• Moderators

on a more on-topic note, i’ll be interested to see how perišić, son and kane will click. to me, that could be a very very nasty attacking triumvirate for opponents, plus conte is a proven master manager and coach. there could be bright days ahead for hotspur.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Last rumour I've heard was Marseille. If he want to try another one of the big leagues, he can play in France. Plus, it will bring back the rivalry with Messi. But honestly the club don't have the money to make such a move. I'd like to see him play for a french team, but the only club which can get him is PSG and they don't need him.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • Administrators
2 minutes ago, Tempelman said:

Bayern out of the equation? Most of the time Dortmund players move to Bayern. 

Anyway, City has Foden, I would think Liverpool or Real

I agree Bayern always seem to go for and get Dortmund players but I can't see it this time.

I'm obviously hopeful it will be Liverpool but Real would most likely be favourites.

I have been massively impressed with him this season.